Tuesday 8 November 2011

Another day in sunny (pah) Swansea!

Oh how I wish it was sunny here. :/ It's so...cloudy and sorta miserable, but I guess that's the office's secret to staying so focused, there's no distraction due to sunny weather. Meh.

I was meant to start pattercutting a design by myself today, but seeing as the toile fitting was late, the head designer is now casually (and slowly) eating her lunch, and I only have 2 hours left till I go, I fear that it won't happen today :( I'm gutted actually cos I was looking forward to this for a week, but meh, what can you do? Shit happens.

Instead, I have been packing up a whole bunch of patterns to send to Hong Kong. I've also gotten to the point in my time here that I'm comfortable enough to can enjoy a bit of cheeky banter with a few people in the office. I'm even confident enought to crack jokes and whoa whoa - I'm getting laughs. So I guess you could say that I am truly fitting in, or at least I feel like I am. That's what counts, right?

[Now those of you who don't really know or care about patterncutting, go on and skip this bit!]
I don't think I've mentioned anything in depth about the Digitizer and the insane patter piece printer. Okay so basically, you print out your block, alter it to go with the new designs, then you put it on this massive digital table. You then pick up this obscure mouse/remote thing and mark all the important points on the pattern piece, you press a few buttons and voila, the whole new and improved pattern piece has been uploaded onto the computer just like that. All you have to do is make sure all the notches and measurements match up on the computer program and then you're good to print out the new pattern. Within minutes you're ready to start the toiling. Boggles my mind. You know how much time that would have saved me and the girls in uni!? Fookin' 'ell. But I am quite glad I understand the manual aspect of patterncutting though. Everyone needs a good foundation, right? :D
[Okay, the patterncutting bit is done!]

I'm feeling tired a lot more though...I need to eat more vegetables and I need to start (dare I say it?) working out. *shudder* Yesterday morning my alarm didn't go off at the right time and I was BUGGING OUT. My heart felt like it was gonna fall out of my butt. (Nice visuals, huh? Eyyyy!) But Trout was totally awesome and drove me to the station. He basically saved my life haha, but its not like a lot of stuff happened yesterday anyway...*sigh* I WANNA PATTERN CUT!!!

Right, I'm off to go find something to do. Harumph.

Signed,
A disgruntled, yet somehow still optimistic and eager, intern.

No comments:

Post a Comment