Monday 27 September 2010

First day back!

Surprisingly, the first day wasn't too bad. I managed to knock down a shelf in the library and fill up a file with photos! Huzzah! We had a reeeeeeeally long talk about out brief which happens to be for our showpiece! ...I feel like a bit of a dunce cos I know that what a showpiece is, but I don't as well. It's that "wow factor" that never seemed to catch my attention (or maybe I just never pay attention? Who knows.) So why not try to familiarize myself with showpieces from well known designers?

I'm assuming that this it the showpiece for Marni's SS 10/11 collection. I think it sums up the whole collection pretty well actually. Take a look for yourself. My tutor said it didn't have to be a piece that blinds you or something, but it needs to be enough to stand out...at least subtly.

This brief sounds fun, but sadly, it stressed me out a wee bit because I wasn't so with it over the summer. I should have done more research, but no use worrying about it now! For the rest of this week I shall be drawing like a crazed artist, you know, one of those types who lives in paint stained trousers and always has dirty charcoal covered hands. Ha...

On a lighter note, I got to have a tutorial and talk about my ideas and the tutor I talked to was really inspirational! She gave me loads of advice and supported my ideas. One thing I need to do is send an email to the International Recruitment officer. My tutor said to get a better grasp of my market in England, or Korean even, I need to actually get proper opinions about boy bands in Asia and fashion. Basically I need to ask the recruitment officer if she recruited any Koreans so I can ask em questions. A bit shifty, but everyone at this university is mad so I don't think I'll cause much of an uproar asking for a supply of willing Asians.

Additionally my tutor said to go to Bath Spa and go to the Fashion Museum. I planned to anyway so I could really get a grasp on how Victorian clothing was made. All I need to do is call the museum and demand alone time with the garments =D Should be simples!

Took out some magazines today to check out how to layout my sketchbook. All things will (try to) be considered! My presentation this year will knock someone out - pow pow! ...or ya know, at least keep them interested! I'm quite excited about this year and I also have that sense of dread hidden behind all that excitement. This year shouldn't be too bad, should it? x

No comments:

Post a Comment