Monday 6 December 2010

Another week, tick tock and the time's slipping!

I had a vaguely productive weekend then. I did end up getting various versions of tweed and some wool and silk at the fabric store. Sad thing is, I didn't tackle my dissertation like I originally wanted to, but ah well. I still have a week to pop out 1500 more words.

I watched Misfits a bit too much this weekend - how many times can you watch the same episode without looking like an absolute fail face? Cos I think I've gone way past that limit. I just keep having to watch Future Simon O_O I can't help it! I suppose it may be because I missed Monty so much this weekend that I had to watch Misfits excessively. Ha. I'm such a sad person XD

Aaaanyway, I've burned (well singed, really) pages of my sketchbook last night, tweaked my boards again today, attempted to find fabrics that I wanted to order (only to find out that ALL the ones I wanted for my main fabrics have been discontinued!!! RAGE!) and I am now trying to focus on designing my line-up now. I went through the uniform books in the library to find some inspiration and think I'll mix the whole uniform thing in the Victorian era as well as everyday wear too.

I was advised by my tutors that I should choose whether to do menswear or womenswear, abd that it's difficult to do both, but I don't see why I need to choose....Why should I? 3 mens outfits and 3-4 womens! Argh. Seeing as we don't have any support from the tutors at the minute, I can design for both now, I suppose. I need a teensy bit of guidance even though this is a heeeeeavily self directed course. :/ Meh.

Have a gander at some of my inspirational images:


Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Remember Vanessa Harris did both and they loved it - just don't over complicate it - maybe you could even look into unisex and it could be worn by either or and men and women could switch articles of clothing on the catwalk?? xxx

    ReplyDelete