Monday 29 November 2010

Whoa-hoooa. A Month down the line

See how easy it is to get swamped with work and life? SEE?! Absolutely swamped and quite drained and all we had to do was one outfit. One. Just one stupid outfit. It really puts everything into perspective when you get your new brief for the real thing.

Life's been like a whirlwind of crap lately. We had terrible news last week about one of our coursemates causing our assessment to be postponed and a serious funk went around uni. No one went in really and when they did, the mood was off. Just nuts really...but I managed to have Thanksgiving to kind of cheer the mood up a bit. I cooked and cooked and I managed to feed a good bunch of people. They seemed to enjoy it as well so that was brilliant. Should have dinner parties more often. I had another Thanksgiving as well on Saturday which was even more of a success because I fed even more people and made a good chunk of money (which I won't be able to use because away it goes to rent...)

Anyhoozle, it's been difficult getting back into the swing of things. I keep wishing for snow because I got my first taste of first snowfall of the season on Saturday. Stacey and I were properly excited and kept staring out the window going "It's snowing! .....It's still snowing! ....It's snowing more! ....It stopped >:( " It snowed this morning too. It was so exciting!!

Ahem, now back to this whole fashiony side of my life again. I finished my jacket and annihilated my trousers, but together it looks quite nice. I managed to fit the outfit to my good buddy Horigan and it looked quite nice to be honest. Toile that is...I haven't had a chance to try the final thing on him yet, and I wont find out until tomorrow as well. I don't know if he can make it in time or if it will snow even. Please please snow! I'm ready for this assessment but at the same time I just want it to be over and done with. Totally tired of seeing everything I've worked on in the past 2 months. Lame.

Now to consume some more mulled wine and sort out the research for my final collection. At the minute Stacey, Slawa and I are sorting out a critical path so there is no way any of us will fall behind over the next few months. I will be so organized that it will hurt me. Promise.

RIP Melissa Smith. Love and miss you, girl. This year's for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment