Monday 27 June 2011

Out of my design coma

Ah how refreshing it is to...momentarily hang up the towel, so to speak. The past month was definitely an interesting one. The fashion show went down. Have some photos!


Photo Courtesy of Sarah Cassidy

Photo Courtesy of Steve Norton

Photo Courtesy of Alice Eaglestone


As I came to the end of making this collection, I really started to hate it. Why? I don't know, may simply be because I kept looking at it nonstop. I guess I can compare it to eating the same thing over and over again for a week. You just get tired of it, right? However when my mate Helen came to the rescue with male models, and I put my outfits on them, everything just clicked! I loved everything I made and my models were absolutely fantastic with all their swagger.


Footage Courtesy of Monty Kimball-Evans

It was a tiring two days, really. The venue was gorgeous, but there was no air circulation so all our models were practically dying and such of the heat. But they were all awesome! Mine were so amazing, in fact (and I felt so guilty for making them wear Autumn/Winter in the summer) I bought them all ice cream and nice cold drinks and insisted I bought them all a round later on at our after party. I cannot stress how amazing my models were. They knew exactly what they were doing, they knew what they were wearing, they didn't mind that I gave them wet socks because there wasn't enough time to dry them properly for the third show -- They were just amazing.

After our show in Bristol, some people were chosen to show their whole collections at Graduate Fashion Week in London and some others were chosen to bring their garments along. I brought my big distressed coat with me because that seemed to be one of the favourites. That same coat is actually going to New Designers as well so that will be interesting. I had no idea I would have been chosen to show my work at either show in London, but I'm honored that I was! More later about New Designers! Stay tuned, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment